Pasta recommendations: for this recipe I tried the Evexia fresh gluten free pasta made from chickpeas. It’s great on the day but also heats up really well the next day as a leftover! For dry pasta, I buy the Waitrose gluten free range, it’s a store cupboard staple!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
30g fresh sage
4 slices Parma ham
1 chilli chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
3 leaks sliced
30g dried shiitake mushrooms
150ml double cream
150ml creme fraiche
30g pecorino, grated
Pasta for 4
- Soak the mushrooms in boiling water for ten minutes
- Gently fry the leeks for 5 minutes & then add the garlic, chilli, sage & Parma ham (ripped up into smaller pieces) for a further 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions.
- Add in the cream & creme fraiche (note, you can dial up the cream/down the creme fraiche & vice versa)
- Add in most of the grated pecorino, leaving a little for sprinkling on the top!
- Mix in the sauce with the pasta & serve
- Top with the remaining cheese & salt and pepper!